Data Privacy Week Events
Government-wide Events (Open to Federal Employees)
- AmeriCorps will launch its new Role-based Privacy Training incorporating aspects of AI, as part of its commitment to being on the front line of privacy. (This event is open to AmeriCorps personnel.)
- The Department of Agriculture (USDA) Privacy Office will provide PII and privacy incident awareness training as part of its Data Privacy Week Activities. (This event is open to USDA personnel.)
- The Department of Defense (DoD) Office of Privacy, Civil Liberties, and Transparency will host its annual Privacy Summit. This event will focus on data principles, strategy, availability, technology, analytics, and innovation across the Department. (This event is open to DoD personnel.)
- January 23, 3PM-4PM. Webinar: "Privacy is Everyone's Business," featuring speakers from the Department who will discuss privacy requirements and enforce best practices for schools and districts, ranging from legal basics to cybersecurity considerations, to employee privacy concerns. Register here.
- January 24, 2PM-4PM. Webinar: "FERPA and Transparency." Register here.
- January 31, 2PM-4PM. Webinar: "Incident Response and Vetting Educational Technology." Register here.
- The Department of Energy (DoE) will launch advanced privacy training for its enterprise-wide 120+ member privacy workforce. The first in a series of courses is titled "Foundations of Federal Privacy." This course provides participants with a fundamental understanding of Federal privacy law and policy, program requirements, and compliance artifacts. (This event is open to DoE employees and contractors.)
- The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) will host a Data Privacy Week "Lunch and Learn" event on January 25th. The event will include an overview of the work of the FDIC Privacy Program and a presentation on the consequences of not protecting your data or the data of others. (This event is open to FDIC staff and contractors.)
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is sponsoring a brown bag session on Privacy Awareness during Data Privacy Week. (This event is open to EPA personnel.)
- The Federal Privacy Council (FPC) will host its 2023/2024 annual Federal Privacy Summit, which draws privacy professionals from across the Executive Branch. In addition to featuring exciting speakers and topics, this event includes the presentation of the FPC Awards, which recognize the extraordinary achievements of Federal privacy professionals. Prior registration is required. (This event is open to Federal employees and contractors.)
- The Office of the Director of National Intelligence will host a panel about the risks and safeguards impacting data privacy and counter-intelligence in online activities. (This event is open to personnel within the U.S. Intelligence Community.)
- The Smithsonian Institution Privacy Office will host a joint presentation with the Smithsonian Office of the Undersecretary for Education to provide participants with an overview of the privacy requirements and industry best practices when engaging with minors virtually or in person. (This event is open to Smithsonian staff and affiliated persons.)